Tuesday, November 3, 2009

big girl bed...done!

Thanks to my mom the little princesses big girl bed is done! She has been sleeping in it the last few nights and has done wonderfully! I was super nervous that she would love the freedom and take complete advantage of it...but she does not. She even takes naps in her new big girl bed. I am so proud of my little baby for being such a...big girl :( She is growing so fast, I need to stop blinking. The whole big girl bed process was fun, and never had it entered the ol brain of "losing" my little baby. That was until my hubby called me over as he was taking apart her crib and you could see that he was sad. Our little baby has grown up...and will never sleep in a crib again! Que the water works. Oh man...even the little one was a tad upset. "My crib" She had a look in her face that said "what are you doing?" ya know...what are you doing with my bed?!

Since her bed was a little high I got her a cute little wooden step stool and painted it the same color as her bed. I plan on decorating it somehow as well...but haven't decided what to add. Would love some ideas!

Here is the finished product:


not too bad for a $35 bed from Craigslist!?


The princesses "friends" as she calls them...they sleep with her ever night. Buzz, Woody, Tigger, Pooh, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment