Friday, October 30, 2009

my little baby...

My little princess is growing up :( It is big girl bed time! I can't believe it...my little baby is big enough for a big girl bed. She is sooooo done with her crib. "I sleep on floor momma?" She so badly wants out of her crib that she is begging to sleep on the floor! Soo...I didn't want to go out and buy a $300 bed...for numerous reasons. Instead I looked at Craiglist every single day, and not only was I doing it I had friends looking for me as well! Side note: I've got some pretty cool friends. The kind of friends that look for furniture for my daughter. Sweet! Where was I? Oh yeah...Craigslist. So I found this bed, at least I think I did, and came across a super cute bed for $35! Can you believe it, a solid wood bed for $35?! I loved it, and I loved the price even more. It does have some damage but nothing that can't be painted over and easily forgotten!

Here is the before:
And after 1 coat of Kilz white primer and 2 coats of Pineapple Citrus yellow:



My mom has really helped with the painting process. I've realized after painting a coat of primer and a coat or so of yellow paint that I really don't like painting! Thank goodness for moms! Stay tuned for the absolute finished product...hope it should all be painted and dried and made by tomorrow because i'm getting super de duper antsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment