Sunday, October 25, 2009

First post!

Why am I having such a hard time starting a blog? Hmm…let’s see…I don’t like being bad at something. I keep putting this off because there are so many super cool crafty blogs out there how can I compare?! My list of “things I want to make” is getting longer and longer (and longer…) and I suppose this will help me to finally get going! You will be my motivation…my much needed kick in the rear. I have gotten so many cool ideas from the other wonderful moms and crafty bloggers out there! I love tutus, and love to make them for all of the little girls in my life! I believe every princess needs a tutu. I absolutely love Amy Butler, and wish I had her talent and style. I love fabric and wish I could own all the beautiful fabrics of the world, but also wish they were closer to the $4/yard price that what they actually are. I know, you pay for quality, blah blah blah. I love photography but am terrible at it…though I keep telling myself if I get the right camera then it will look good (who knows…my crappy pics might look like good crappy pics)! I love cupcakes, something about them screams sweet, and there is something so childish about them. I absolutely hate patterns, they confuse the heck out of me and I always end up doing it my own way anyways. I love redo crafts, adding a little piece of your own personality to things you already own. Now, I love the idea…do I actually do it? Not so much…but I really want to! I have a knack for starting something and not finishing it…or waiting too long to finish it and then forget where I left off. It’s one of many flaws I am trying hard to work on! I am told I have too many opinions, why is that a problem I would like to know?! J I like what I like, deal with it! Kidding! (sort of) I have a daughter, she is the reason I have joined this whole crafting world. Though it was embedded in me when I was born, both my grandmas sew like crazy, and paint, and knit/crochet (couldn’t tell you the different…) and cook, and bake, and anything and everything else crafty. I love to bake! It is a terrible hobby…just ask my jeans. I’ve gained the “Moms Group 5”…you know it if you are in a moms group. That extra 5 pounds that you’ve gained because of all the goodies people bring to playdates, but man are those goodies, well, good! Cooking is ok; I love making “everything but the kitchen sink” crock-pot meals! A little bit of this, a little bit of that…and you know what? So far they have all been pretty tasty! I do not do well with recipes; cooking recipes that is…baking recipes are alright with me. Weird huh? So I have decided that this little blog will be about my adventures in crafting and cooking and baking. Or whatever fancies me that day! I will make sure to take some terrible pictures for you gals (or guys) to show you the things that I make. And I will give credit where credit is due…as I have gotten a lot of ideas from other bloggers. Thanks for listening to my rant and wish me luck in this new endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment